Other Before/After Bible Restoration Photos
This twenties photograph needs a little help. Since this “before” shot I have taken it out of the frame and scanned it at 600 dpi. Originally being pretty sharp the scan when blown up on a large monitor allows you to see significant detail in the image. I am going to clean, flatten and deacidify the picture. I also will spiffy-up the frame and remount the photo in bed of buffered board, etc.
This little Bible has just gotten worn out. The spine is an embrittled hide glue mess. After this picture was taken, I took the binding apart, made page repairs, sweated off the old glued spine and then locked it in the backing press where I rebuilt the spine with linen hinges and stout paper. Nuther day or two and this Bible will be ready for the next 100 years.
Baptism Certificate original form before restoration, flattening, cleaning, mending and deacidification. As of this post tape from the back has been removed, it’s been rehydrated and flattened between blotting paper weighted with heavy glass sheets. Tomorrow I will mend it by lining the back with an appropriate paper. Stay tuned for the final repair!
Kewpie doll with hurt arm and real dirty. Loved the add-on dress. There’s something about porcelain bisque firing, color and surface sheen that makes these so appealing.
It a fun time when a client brings in something different like this. Max Marbles/Fix-It.